Theme: Beirut Image Festival 2022 is accepting photo entries under the theme:
You are invited to contribute with your photographic interpretation of the term, whether a direct historical or archival object, a personal experience or a collective memory-related concept.
About Beirut Image Festival: Launched in 2019, the first of its kind in Lebanon and a pioneering experience in the Arab World, the Beirut Image Festival is an annual one-month regional photography fair held in Beirut and other Lebanese regions.
Promoting artistic diversity in a world where visual culture is increasingly paramount, the Beirut Image Festival aims to engage diverse audiences, provide local and international photographers of different levels, with a dynamic inspirational and professional platform to interact, display their work, share their experiences, and exchange ideas.
The Beirut Image Festival is open to all photography-based works and encourages creative, social context and innovative themes. It is open to all photographers: creativity, originality, and content are the criteria on which the applications will be evaluated and selected.
You can participate in one or both of the following categories:
1- Photography project: a series of photos that address a specific theme, concept or story
2- Individual photos: Open themes and submissions.
• Minimum dimension of 2400 pixels for the shorter side of the image. Maximum image size is 5 Megabyte
• Format: JPG
• Photographs should not contain watermarks, signatures or frames.
• Post-processing: basic retouching is allowed (cropping, exposure, and color corrections). Advanced retouching works should be clearly labeled as digital art entries.
• Film photographs are accepted as scans with the same specifications above.
• The participant should clearly mention whether the photos have already participated in or applied for other exhibitions or contests.
Submission must be accompanied by a detailed description of the project. You can upload up to 15 photographs.
June 18, 2022
By applying to the festival, you irrecoverably agree to the following rules, terms and conditions:
· You warrant that you are the sole copyright owner and creator of the photograph and that you have the right to enter your photographs in the festival activities and visibility.
· You further warrant that the photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
· You acknowledge that submitted photos may be used in festival-related visibility material (online or printed), future exhibitions, and screenings locally or internationally in galleries and festivals. You retain copyrights for your photograph(s) and they will be credited whenever your work is used.
· You acknowledge that submitted photos might be shortlisted and presented in collections curated by the Festival Artistic Committee
· You agree and acknowledge that Beirut Image Festival is permitted to receive and review your registration data. You agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and organizing the festival.