With the participation of 2,263 photo, by 752 photographer, representing 25 countries from around the world.
Announcing the winners of the “Date Palm International Photography ” competition, in its Twelfth session, 2021.
The Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation General Secretariat, announced the winners’ names of “Date Palm International Photography ” competition, in its Twelfth session, 2021, organized by the Award under the patronage of H.E. Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence, Chairman of the Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation Board of Trustees, where the results were as follows:
First Category: Date Palm Tree
- First place winner: Sayed Ammar Alsayed Ahmed Alsayed Abdulla Al Ashoor / United Arab Emirates.
- Second place winner: Khaled Juma Abdulrhman Murad Al Blooshi / United Arab Emirates.
- Third place winner: Jeanne Yvonne de Waal / Republic of South Africa.
Second Category: Human and Date Palm Tree
- First place winner: Abdullah Hussain A Al Shaikh / Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Second place winner: Hisham Ramadan Shaaban Jaber Hassan / Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Third place winner: Housni El Maaloumy / Kingdom of Morocco.
This came in a press statement made by Dr. Abdelouahhab Zaid, Secretary-General of the Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation, expressing his happiness for what the competition has achieved during the past twelve years, which helped enhance the human relationship with the date palm tree using the photography art as a mean of developing the public awareness on the importance of the Date palm tree. Where this also created a space for the exchange of experiences between photographers from all over the world. Highlighting the tourism, environmental and heritage components of the date palm tree through the photographic pictures and encouraging the human connection with the earth and the environment.
The Twelfth session of the competition was remarkable by the participation of 752 photographers, representing 25 countries, from around the world, where the number of participating photos reached 2,263 beautiful pictures that expressed the photographers love and close relationship with the blessed tree, also added Dr. Zaid.